Ashima A. Dayal, Davis+Gilbert Advertising + Marketing partner, will speak on a session entitled “Ethics for Advertising” at Practising Law Institute’s (PLI) Advertising Law Institute 2022 on September 30.
This session will explore what special ethical considerations arise when counseling clients on advertising matters. Using a series of interactive hypothetical scenarios, learn how to avoid common pitfalls that may arise as you advise your clients.
- Describe best practices for avoiding ethical pitfalls when managing ad campaigns
- Identify appropriate communications with adverse parties
- Describe ethical nuances between disclosure, omission, and outright deception
- Identify and resolve Issues around downplaying a client’s willingness to settle or compromise
- Avoid making ethical missteps around misstating the strength of a client’s case and/or the weakness of an adversary’s case
- Explain how pretense fits into your ethical obligations as a lawyer