Davis+Gilbert will speak at a PR Council webinar on September 28. Gary Kibel, Davis+Gilbert Privacy + Data Security partner and Devin Kothari, Davis+Gilbert Intellectual Property + Media partner, will be presenting a session entitled “What Every Agency CEO Needs to Know about Avoiding Legal Risks Associated with Privacy, Data and Technology.”
PR agencies need to navigate complex issues when it comes to compliance with privacy and technology matters for the work performed for clients. Failure to adhere to these laws can trip indemnification obligations in client contracts, as well as give rise to serious violations of laws with equally serious consequences. To help PR agencies comply with all of these issues and how they relate to their client’s needs and expectations this webinar will focus on:
- Privacy: Accustomed to dealing with the GDPR in the EU/UK, PR agencies need to turn their attention homeward as individual states enact their own privacy laws, leading to confusion for adopters. Of paramount importance to PR agencies is how data can be collected and leveraged in a compliant manner consistent with these new and ever-increasing privacy laws.
- Technology: PR agencies now find themselves more and more licensing software, social media, data, and other tools to enhance their capabilities. Protecting intellectual property and understanding your ownership are just a few of the key considerations when integrating new technologies into your service offerings.
Key Takeaways will include:
- Privacy best practices and recommendations for leveraging data in a privacy-compliant manner
- Concerns from the client perspective
- Guidance for licensing, developing, and protecting your interest in technology agreements