Areas of Focus
With Oriyan Gitig’s counsel, creative agencies and technology companies understand and uphold privacy and data security obligations. She provides practical solutions clients can use to manage their responsibilities efficiently within a rapidly changing legal and regulatory landscape.
In a privacy environment that often lacks extensive legal and regulatory precedent, Oriyan assists clients in developing best practices based on commonsense risk analyses. She draws on significant data privacy experience and her advertising and media industry insights to guide clients in structuring business services and strategies that reflect the latest privacy and security mandates.
In addition to ensuring clients’ internal policies align with best practices and legal requirements, Oriyan assists those clients in negotiating a variety of agency-client and master service agreements and technology-based initiatives, as well as terms and policies to govern and manage their online and digital properties. Clients appreciate that her professionalism, strong interpersonal skills and commitment to achieving constructive solutions allow them to move forward without sacrificing necessary protections or business goals.
For smaller businesses, Oriyan often provides ongoing legal support as their outside “in-house” counsel. She partners with senior executive and manager-level personnel to provide advice for their privacy and data security strengths, weaknesses and capabilities within their internal companywide controls and infrastructures.
Before she joined Davis+Gilbert, Oriyan spent five years as an associate at Weil Gotshal & Manges. She actively supports firm diversity and pro bono initiatives and mentors new associates.
Advised a social media analytics agency in connection with privacy and data security, including GDPR and CCPA, for both internal and client-facing policies, protocols and data processing form agreements. This ensured the media platform was legally compliant and protected while also remaining customer-friendly.
Counseled a media agency on market standard and best industry practices for vendor privacy and security agreements (including GDPR and CCPA).
Advised firm client on privacy and data security matters related to developing a new technology-based security product.
Insights + Events
- Trends in Marketing Communications Law Getting Personal: Biometric Privacy Laws Are on the Rise
April 13, 2022
- Trends in Marketing Communications Law An Uncertain Future for EU-US Data Transfers
April 13, 2022
- Trends in Marketing Communications Law The Future of Privacy in California
April 13, 2022
- Alert Cybersecurity and Privacy Risks Rise with Remote Workforce
September 28, 2021
- Event Counsel 2U® Advertising + Marketing Webinar | Digital Media and Privacy: An Increasingly Complex Relationship
September 23, 2021
- Alert European Commission Adopts Revisions to Standard Contractual Clauses
June 10, 2021
- Alert Don’t Smile at the Camera — New Biometric Data Laws
January 14, 2021
- Alert EU-U.S. Data Transfers Post Schrems II
November 19, 2020
- Trends in Marketing Communications Law CCPA: A Privacy Conundrum
October 6, 2020
- Alert Schrems II: The EU-US Privacy Shield Is a Thing of the Past
July 17, 2020
- View More
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Tufts University (B.A., 1997)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- The Legal 500 United States® “Rising Star” 2020-2023, Cyber Law (Including Data Privacy and Data Protection)
- The Legal 500 United States® “Next Generation Lawyer” 2017-2019, Cyber Law (Including Data Privacy and Data Protection)
- The Legal 500 United States® “Recommended Attorney” 2018-2019, Cyber Law (Including Data Privacy and Data Protection)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” 2014-2016, Media and Advertising
- New York
Member, New York State Bar Association
Member, New York City Bar Association