With Gabrielle White’s help, firms of all sizes, including in the advertising and public relations fields, develop and maintain compliant tax-advantaged executive compensation and employee benefits plans. Using her broad knowledge of applicable tax law and ERISA requirements, she contributes to incentive compensation arrangements involving contract equity, real equity and long-term arrangements as well as employee benefits plan design and compliance.
Gabrielle commits to understanding clients’ needs and providing tax-efficient solutions to meet their strategic goals. Her experience with a range of benefits and compensation matters informs tailored advice to ensure compliance with applicable requirements under ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code, including sections 409A and 280G.
Teams often call on Gabrielle to research legal developments, advise on ERISA compliance and plan design questions, and assist in drafting and revising employment, separation and deferred compensation plans. She guides clients through benefits and executive compensation issues that arise in corporate transactions, including golden parachute votes under Section 280G. When compliance concerns arise, she liaises with the IRS and the Department of Labor for a swift resolution.
Gabrielle began her legal career as an associate in the executive compensation group of Davis Polk & Wardwell.
Advised an American technology and media company on executive compensation matters in corporate transaction, including drafting and revising documents to conduct a shareholder vote on golden parachute payments under Section 280G to prevent adverse tax consequences to executives and the organization.
Drafted a long term incentive plan for a boutique media and entertainment company to reward key employees who continue to improve company performance and increase company value, and to assist in retention.
Advised an international company on the standard termination of its defined benefit pension plan, resulting in significant financial savings. Drafted necessary plan amendments and coordinated government filings.
Worked with the Department of Labor to appropriately respond to participant requests for health and welfare plan, ensuring this public company satisfied its ERISA obligations.
Prepared a HIPAA-compliant policy and associated documents for a private mid-sized company and conducted HIPAA training to help the company satisfy its legal and contractual obligations.
Insights + Events
- Demystifying COVID-19 Complexities and Thriving in Uncertain Times Davis+Gilbert Labor + Employment Webinar | Navigating Employee Accommodations: Vaccination Policies and Otherwise
October 14, 2021
- Alert IRS Updates Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System
September 16, 2021
- Publication The Agency 100 | The Secret Sauce of the Most Successful Firms: Effective Long-Term Incentive Strategies
July 29, 2021
- Alert IRS Provides Much Needed Guidance on COBRA Premium Subsidy
May 27, 2021
- Alert COBRA Changes Under the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021
March 17, 2021
- Alert Regulators Clarify COVID-19 Relief Deadline Extension
March 8, 2021
- Building Connections: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Davis+Gilbert Counsel 2U® Labor + Employment Webinar | Remote Employees, COVID Vaccines and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Recent Legal Developments and Best Practices
February 3, 2021
- FAQ Planning for Safe Employee Re-Entry
May 14, 2020
- Alert Retirement Plans: Regulators Provide Relief from Certain ERISA Requirements During the COVID-19 Crisis
May 6, 2020
- Alert Group Health Plans: Regulators Extend Deadlines During the COVID-19 Crisis
May 6, 2020
- View More
- The University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 2012)
- Mount Holyoke College (B.A., 2006)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” 2017-2021, Employee Benefits
- New York
- New Jersey
Member, Davis+Gilbert Pro Bono Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Retirement Plans Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Women's Forum Committee
Member, American Bar Association
Member, New York City Bar Association