Gabrielle White helps firms of all sizes, including in the advertising and public relations fields, develop and maintain compliant tax-advantaged executive compensation and employee benefits plans. Using her broad knowledge of applicable tax law and ERISA requirements, she creates incentive compensation arrangements involving contract equity, real equity and long-term arrangements, and leads employee benefits plan design and compliance.
By understanding client needs, Gabrielle provides tax-efficient solutions to meet their strategic goals. Her experience with a range of benefits and compensation matters shapes tailored advice to ensure compliance with applicable requirements under ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code, including sections 409A and 280G.
While staying current on legal developments impacting her clients, Gabrielle advises on ERISA compliance and plan design questions, and drafts or revises employment, separation and deferred compensation plans. She guides stakeholders through complex benefits and executive compensation issues that arise in corporate transactions, including golden parachute votes under Section 280G. When compliance concerns arise, she liaises with the IRS and the Department of Labor for a swift resolution.
Gabrielle began her legal career as an associate in the executive compensation group of Davis Polk & Wardwell.
Advised an American technology and media company on executive compensation matters in corporate transaction, including drafting and revising documents to conduct a shareholder vote on golden parachute payments under Section 280G to prevent adverse tax consequences to executives and the organization.
Drafted a long term incentive plan for a boutique media and entertainment company to reward key employees who continue to improve company performance and increase company value, and to assist in retention.
Advised an international company on the standard termination of its defined benefit pension plan, resulting in significant financial savings. Drafted necessary plan amendments and coordinated government filings.
Worked with the Department of Labor to appropriately respond to participant requests for health and welfare plan, ensuring this public company satisfied its ERISA obligations.
Prepared a HIPAA-compliant policy and associated documents for a private mid-sized company and conducted HIPAA training to help the company satisfy its legal and contractual obligations.
Insights + Events
- Event Davis+Gilbert Webinar | Navigating Mental Health Accommodations in the Workplace
February 7, 2023
- Checklist Preparing for 2023: Top Ways to Protect Your Firm
November 30, 2022
- Event PR Council | Success in ‘23 Webinar Series: Protecting Your Firm from Legal Risks
November 29, 2022
- Press Mention Bloomberg Law | Abortion Travel Benefit Deemed Safest as Part of Health Coverage
August 22, 2022
- Event ABA Joint Committee on Employee Benefits Webinar | Abortion Services and Employee Benefits: Plan Design Options And Legal Compliance Post Dobbs V. Jackson Women’s Health Org
July 12, 2022
- Alert Update: Health Plan Considerations in the Wake of Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization
June 27, 2022
- Alert Key 2022 Updates for Health and Welfare Plans
March 9, 2022
- Alert Plan Coverage of At-Home COVID-19 Testing
January 12, 2022
- Demystifying COVID-19 Complexities and Thriving in Uncertain Times Davis+Gilbert Labor + Employment Webinar | Navigating Employee Accommodations: Vaccination Policies and Otherwise
October 14, 2021
- Alert IRS Updates Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System
September 16, 2021
- View More
- The University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 2012)
- Mount Holyoke College (B.A., 2006)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” 2017-2022, Employee Benefits
- New York
- New Jersey
Member, Davis+Gilbert Pro Bono Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Retirement Plans Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Women's Forum Committee
Member, American Bar Association
Member, New York City Bar Association