At Davis+Gilbert, we share a deep, top-down commitment to supporting diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) within our firm, our communities and our nation. We incorporate these values into everything we do — including hiring, training, staffing, career development and community participation — to ensure that we move forward together as a team.
Structured for Diversity
Only a multicultural team can deliver in a multicultural world. Our chief talent + diversity officer fulfills a mandate to hire, retain and elevate diverse talent while building initiatives that help us all learn and grow.
An active Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee ensures that we walk the walk with initiatives that include:
- 50 billable credit hours per year on work that supports diversity and inclusion
- The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, which includes attorneys and professional staff to encourage equitable idea sharing and an exchange of diverse perspectives
- Mandatory annual sensitivity training for all employees
- Mandatory diversity training with Dr. Arin Reeves
- Bystander intervention training offered to all employees
- Firmwide training offered on gender identity, pronouns and sexual orientation
- Lunch + Learns on diversity-related issues, laws and initiatives in both the legislature and the community — all employees invited
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy
- Active caregivers’ group
- All employees encouraged to use personal pronouns of their choice
- All employees invited to participate in volunteer opportunities