With many companies adopting mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policies, employers are faced with difficult questions regarding medical and religious accommodation obligations: How do we handle exemption requests with respect to vaccination mandates? What is a “sincerely held religious belief”? What makes an accommodation “reasonable”?
This webinar will answer those questions, and provide a refresher on ADA and Title VII requirements, allowing employers to tune-up their accommodation request process just in time for returning to in-person work.
The webinar will focus on:
- The legal obligations as to when an accommodation is required
- Best practices for questioning an employee’s request for an accommodation
- The interactive and cooperative dialogue process
- Undue hardship and other limitations regarding the accommodation obligation
- Best practices for documenting the accommodations process
Our Labor + Employment Quick Takes will address trending issues like:
- New York HERO Act
- Remote workers and taxes
- Age discrimination in job postings based on years of experience
- NYC Fair Chance Act and offer letters
- Updated plan correction guidance for 401(k) plans
- Balance billing and the “No Surprises Act”
Date: October 14, 2021
Time: 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. (EST)
Who Should Attend
This webinar is tailored for c-suite and senior management, in-house counsel as well as human resource professionals. This program has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.5 credit hours in Areas of Professional Practice. It will also be appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
Legal and HR CLE Credits Available: 1.5 hours
RSVP by October 11, 2021:
Davis+Gilbert Marketing Events Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org / 646 673 8318