Areas of Focus
Daniel Finnegan represents a wide range of companies and creative agencies in complex commercial business litigation and employment-related litigation. He helps develop successful strategies and results through his critical thinking, diligence and creative approach to the litigation process as well as internal investigations.
Daniel supports all aspects of developing strategies for defendants and plaintiffs in high-stakes litigation, from contract disputes involving former business partners to merger and acquisition litigation claims exceeding $100 million. He also handles employment disputes relating to alleged discrimination and restrictive covenants.
As a strong analytical thinker, Daniel helps clients make smart decisions by understanding their potential risk and exposure. In all matters, he masters the facts and relevant law and pinpoints a matter’s strengths and weaknesses to determine the best way to achieve a client’s goals, either through litigation or alternative resolution.
Before Davis+Gilbert, Daniel was a litigation associate at Davis Polk & Wardwell, where he completed a secondment at HSBC within the bank’s internal investigations in-house legal group.
- Represent a worldwide advertising industry leader in pursuing over $100 million in claims concerning its acquisition of a marketing services agency. The claims are against the sellers and members of management and also against its insurance company for improperly denying coverage under its representations and warranty policy relating to the sale. Defeated multiple motions to dismiss.
Defending a specialty finance company that structures transactions involving fine artwork, in litigation alleging that its purchases of eight pieces of artwork were fraudulent transfers. Our counterclaim that the plaintiffs themselves engaged in fraudulent transfers concerning other valuable artwork has survived a motion to dismiss.
- Represent a global technology company and affiliated entities in a dispute over a project in Asia involving installation of technology.
Insights + Events
- Alert California Pushes the Boundaries of Its Ability To Limit Employer Use of Restrictive Covenants Agreements
December 20, 2023
- Alert Sanctions Against Google Show Importance of Litigation Document Preservation
June 5, 2023
- Alert How to Handle ADA Website Accessibility Claims
September 23, 2022
- Alert Colorado Limits Employer Use of Restrictive Covenants
July 21, 2022
- Publication PR News | Protecting Your Firm’s Exposure to Statements of Fact vs. Opinion
February 2, 2022
- Alert Illinois Takes Steps to Limit Employer Use of Restrictive Covenants
December 15, 2021
- Alert New Caselaw Sheds Light on Enforceability of No-Hire Agreements Between Companies
June 28, 2021
- Alert Supreme Court Finds Google’s Copying of Oracle’s APIs a Fair Use
June 3, 2021
- Cornell Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2016)
- Notes Editor, Cornell Law Review
- Georgetown University (B.A., cum laude, 2011)
- New York
Member, Davis+Gilbert Pro Bono Committee
Secretary, Trade Secrets Committee New York City Bar Association