The laws in New York and other states governing non-competes, client and employee non-solicitation restrictions and confidentiality agreements continue to evolve. While these restrictions can be powerful tools for companies to protect their legitimate business interests, employers should regularly evaluate their protective covenant agreements to ensure compliance in light of the changing legal landscape.
The seminar will focus on:
- Post-employment restrictions that are available in New York
- New requirements for confidentiality provisions in New York and Illinois
- Legislative restrictions on non-competes in Massachusetts and Washington
- Changes in California law impacting employee non-solicitation provisions
Our L&E Quick Takes will address trending issues like:
- Enhanced NYC protections for independent contractors and freelancers
- Multi-state anti-harassment training updates
- Legal standards for independent contractor classification in California
Benefits & Compensation Round Up
- Best practices when paying departing employee COBRA premiums
- Benefit plans following the enactment of the SECURE Act
Daniel A. Feinstein, Partner/Co-Chair, Labor + Employment
Gregg A. Gilman, Partner/Co-Chair, Labor + Employment
Shira Franco, Partner, Labor + Employment
David Fisher, Counsel, Labor + Employment
William B. Szanzer, Associate, Benefits + Compensation
Offering Two Sessions: February 20 & 25, 2020
Registration and Breakfast: 8:30 a.m.
Seminar: 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
Location: Davis & Gilbert LLP
1740 Broadway, 19th Floor, New York, NY
(Between 55th and 56th Streets)
(Please note: The building is currently under construction. The main entrance is now around the corner on 56th Street)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This seminar is tailored for c-suite and senior management, in-house counsel as well as human resource professionals. It will also be appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
Legal and HR CLE Credits Available: 1.5 hours
Davis+Gilbert Marketing Events Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org / 646 673 8318