Date | October 3 – 6
Panel Time | 1:30 – 5:30 pm PDT
Location | San Diego, CA
As a part of IAPP’s Privacy. Security. Risk. 2023 conference, Gary Kibel will join a small group of fellow privacy professionals to lead a half-day workshop, “Online Advertising and Privacy: Prospects & Pitfalls.” IAPP P.S.R. is a conference where privacy professionals learn to make privacy and technology work together.
Most of today’s free consumer services are supported largely by online advertising revenues. The ecosystem that has evolved to support this business model is technical, complex, and involves transferring many data types. Privacy professionals have a lot to figure out to be in legal compliance and do right by their customers. In this workshop, you will learn how to tackle internal challenges through practical and operationally focused panel discussions, case studies and conversation including recent developments such as Google’s decision to deprecate third-party cookies over the next two years, among other industry and regulatory breaking news, will be covered as well.
What you will learn:
- Key insights into the online marketing and advertising ecosystem, how it works and where it might be headed.
- Information about the laws that govern personal information management in this ecosystem.
- An understanding of what best practices exist for making policy decisions within your organization.
- Hands-on, practical exercises you can take back to the office and implement.
- Gary Kibel, Partner, Privacy + Data Security