Ashima A. Dayal, Davis+Gilbert Advertising + Marketing partner, will co-chair and speak during the session “Ethics for Advertising Lawyers” during the Practicing Law Institute’s “Hot Topics in Advertising Law Conference 2021.”
This session will explore best practices for avoiding ethical pitfalls using real-world hypotheticals. Topics include:
- Learning how to spot ethical issues before they become problems
- What are appropriate communications with adverse parties? What are the ethical nuances between disclosure, omission, and outright deception?
- Can you knowingly downplay a client’s willingness to settle or compromise?
- Can you knowingly misstate the strength of a client’s case and/or the weakness of an adversary’s case?
- How does use of pretense fit into your ethical obligations as a lawyer?