On July 14, Louis DiLorenzo, Davis+Gilbert Advertising + Marketing associate, will speak on a panel for Practising Law Institute’s “Global Issues in Charitable Marketing Campaigns.”
Charitable or “cause” marketing has become increasingly popular for advertisers in every industry, as it gives brands the opportunity to make a positive impact while aligning themselves with an important cause. Recent world events – most significantly, the refugee crisis caused by the war in Ukraine – have resulted in an explosion in cause marketing campaigns.
In this program, the panel will discuss the legal and practical issues that marketers should consider when conducting a cause marketing campaign. Listen to experienced lawyers from the U.S., U.K., Portugal, Canada, Mexico, and Argentina talk about the challenges and new developments under the law in their countries.
What you’ll learn:
- Overarching legal framework for cause marketing in each country
- Recent examples of successful charitable campaigns
- Tips for vetting charitable partners, including both practical and legal solutions
- Transactional and registration requirements for working with a charity
- Disclosure requirements for charitable promotions
- Recent enforcement
- Country-specific issues, including problematic social movements and examples of bad press for poorly organized campaigns