Areas of Focus
Louis DiLorenzo brings an industry perspective to helping clients develop creative, enduring advertising and marketing campaigns. He advises clients of all sizes, from small independent agencies to global brands, on issues that may put advertisers and campaigns at risk, including false advertising, intellectual property, and industry-specific laws and regulations.
As a former advertising industry professional, Louis understands how the strategies that inspire campaigns can also inform legal outcomes. He works closely with his clients throughout the concepting process, often serving as an informal sounding board as they test ideas and consider applications. Combining experienced judgment with a passion for the industry, Louis helps his clients distinguish real risks from theoretical ones and move projects forward with confidence.
While Louis works with a wide range of brands and industries, he has a particular focus on the alcoholic beverage sector. Providing up-to-the-minute information and analysis, he helps clients navigate constantly changing laws and regulations in all 50 states. Louis also counsels businesses in other highly regulated industries, including automotive, tobacco, CBD, marijuana, food and beverage, and sports betting. Whether he is digging deep into vehicle specifications for a car campaign or mastering the science behind toothpaste, Louis is committed to understanding the key facts as well as the legal complexities in order to provide tailored, actionable advice.
In addition to his advertising and marketing work, Louis maintains an active pro bono practice focused on immigration issues.
Representing a global beer manufacturer in advertising and alcoholic beverage-specific matters, including counseling the brand and its advertising agencies, preparing terms for consumer offers, reviewing creative and promotional concepts and establishing policies for compliance with state-specific alcoholic beverage trade practices and tied-house laws.
Advising a global media company regarding policies for accepting advertisements for products in various highly regulated industries, including alcohol, marijuana, CBD, sports betting, cryptocurrency and e-cigarettes.
Working with a top advertising agency and its global automotive client to ensure that all advertising, marketing, promotion, talent, production, music and related activities, materials and programs are legally compliant throughout the world, while providing all necessary agreements and transactional support.
Helped a publishing company develop specific advertising claims against a leading competitor based on the results of a study we created, which evaluated the performance and customer satisfaction of one of their products.
Represented a multinational consumer health company in an advertising challenge brought before the NAD by a major consumer goods company, regarding the client's dietary supplement product. Achieved victory for our client by demonstrating that the core product efficacy claims were fully substantiated.
Insights + Events
- Alert New Age Targeting Requirements for Beer Advertising
August 17, 2022
- Balancing Compliance and Creativity in Regulated Industries Brewers Association | Promoting Your Brand in Compliance with the Law
August 4, 2022
- Event Practising Law Institute | Global Issues in Charitable Marketing Campaigns
July 14, 2022
- Publication Law360 | Watching The Legal Sports Betting Ecosystem Take Shape
July 1, 2022
- Exploring the Metaverse and Web 3.0 – More than Crypto and NFTs Welcome to the Metaverse: Legal Issues Marketers Need To Consider
June 2, 2022
- Trends in Marketing Communications Law The Changing Regulatory Paradigm for Food Delivery Services
April 13, 2022
- Trends in Marketing Communications Law Sports Betting: Where the Future Is Online
April 13, 2022
- Trends in Marketing Communications Law The Regulatory Outlook for THC’s (Mostly) Legal Cousin, Ingestible CBD
April 13, 2022
- Trends in Marketing Communications Law Navigating the Re-Entry of Live Events
April 13, 2022
- Event Webinar | Advertising, Marketing and Promotions: Cryptoassets, including NFTs and Fan Tokens – a UK and U.S. Perspective
April 7, 2022
- View More
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- New York University (B.A., cum laude, 2010)
- New York
- U.S. District CourtSouthern District of New York
- U.S. District CourtEastern District of New York
Member, Davis+Gilbert Pro Bono Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Summer Associate Program Committee