Areas of Focus
For agencies, startups and global brands struggling with the evolving legal landscape surrounding privacy and technology, Zachary Klein’s knowledge, experience and perspective are major assets. He helps the firm’s clients meet their privacy and data security obligations and manage compliance risks without sacrificing their business objectives.
Data privacy is Zachary’s passion. He helps organizations prevent or address legal exposure stemming from data security incidents and breach response, vendor selection, technology issues, and allegations of false advertising, misrepresentation or unfair trade practices.
Zachary previously served as a Deputy Attorney General with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, where he conducted numerous internet privacy and data security investigations. Drawing on that experience, Zachary scrutinizes company policies, procedures, vendor agreements and data processing activities with a critical eye, ever aware of the factors that can impact a government agency’s decision to open an investigation or pursue an enforcement action.
Zachary participates on conference panels to educate stakeholders about emerging technology and regulatory frameworks.
Insights + Events
- Event Canadian Bar Association | International Update
October 21, 2022
- Event PRNEWS Measurement & Data Summit | Privacy, Compliance and First-Party Data
September 8, 2022
- Maintaining Your Competitive Advantage with Proactive Privacy and Data Protection Strategies AdExchanger | Utah’s And Connecticut’s Privacy Laws May Not Be That Different From The CDPA, CPRA And CPA – But Are You Ready?
June 15, 2022
- Alert Draft CPRA Regulations Issued by the California Privacy Protection Agency
June 7, 2022
- Alert Connecticut Becomes Fifth State To Pass Comprehensive State Privacy Law
May 11, 2022
- Event Association of National Advertisers | Brand Activation Legal Committee Meeting Webinar
April 21, 2022
- Trends in Marketing Communications Law Alastair Mactaggart’s Privacy Perspective: Past, Present and Where We’re Headed
April 13, 2022
- Trends in Marketing Communications Law An Uncertain Future for EU-US Data Transfers
April 13, 2022
- Alert Utah Consumer Privacy Act Joins the Growing List of Comprehensive State Privacy Laws
March 28, 2022
- Alert California Privacy Protection Agency Delays Release of CPRA Regulations
February 25, 2022
- View More
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Tufts University (B.A., cum laude, 2006)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Asia (CIPP/A)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- New York
- New Jersey
Member, American Bar Association
― Member, Section of International Law
―― Vice Chair, Privacy, Cybersecurity and Digital Rights Committee
― Member, Section of Science and Technology Law
Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Member, New Jersey Bar Association