Areas of Focus
For agencies, startups and global brands struggling with the evolving legal landscape surrounding privacy and technology, Zachary Klein’s knowledge, experience and perspective are major assets. He helps the firm’s clients meet their privacy and data security obligations and manage compliance risks without sacrificing their business objectives.
Data privacy is Zachary’s passion. He helps organizations prevent or address legal exposure stemming from data security incidents and breach response, vendor selection, technology issues, and allegations of false advertising, misrepresentation or unfair trade practices.
Zachary previously served as a Deputy Attorney General with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, where he conducted numerous internet privacy and data security investigations. Drawing on that experience, Zachary scrutinizes company policies, procedures, vendor agreements and data processing activities with a critical eye, ever aware of the factors that can impact a government agency’s decision to open an investigation or pursue an enforcement action.
Zachary participates on conference panels to educate stakeholders about emerging technology and regulatory frameworks.
Insights + Events
- Alert California’s “Delete Act” Takes Aim at Data Brokers
September 21, 2023
- Maintaining Your Competitive Advantage with Proactive Privacy and Data Protection Strategies AdExchanger | New US Privacy Rules For Sensitive Data: Key Items To Consider For The Rest Of 2023
July 10, 2023
- Alert An (Im)Perfect 10: Indiana, Tennessee, Montana & Texas Pass Consumer Privacy Laws
June 16, 2023
- Emerging Issues Association of National Advertisers | Legal Affairs Committee Webinar | “Stay in Compliance Without Losing Your Edge”
May 11, 2023
- Alert Iowa Becomes the 6th State to Pass Comprehensive Consumer Privacy Legislation
April 3, 2023
- Publication AdExchanger | So I’m a Third Party, Not a Service Provider. Now What?
January 30, 2023
- Alert 2023 Top Privacy Issues: New Laws & Expanded Enforcement
January 5, 2023
- Event Canadian Bar Association | International Update
October 21, 2022
- Event PRNEWS Measurement & Data Summit | Privacy, Compliance and First-Party Data
September 8, 2022
- Maintaining Your Competitive Advantage with Proactive Privacy and Data Protection Strategies AdExchanger | Utah’s And Connecticut’s Privacy Laws May Not Be That Different From The CDPA, CPRA And CPA – But Are You Ready?
June 15, 2022
- View More
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Tufts University (B.A., cum laude, 2006)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Asia (CIPP/A)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Fellow of Information Privacy (FIP)
- The Legal 500 United States® “Recommended Attorney” 2023 Cyber Law (Including Data Privacy and Data Protection)
- New York
- New Jersey
Member, American Bar Association
― Member, Section of International Law
―― Vice Chair, Privacy, Cybersecurity and Digital Rights Committee
― Member, Section of Science and Technology Law
Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Member, New Jersey Bar Association