Areas of Focus
For agencies, startups and global brands struggling with the evolving legal landscape surrounding privacy and technology, Zachary Klein’s knowledge, experience and perspective are major assets. He helps the firm’s clients meet their privacy and data security obligations and manage compliance risks without sacrificing their business objectives.
Data privacy is Zachary’s passion. He helps organizations prevent or address legal exposure stemming from data security incidents and breach response, vendor selection, technology issues, and allegations of false advertising, misrepresentation or unfair trade practices.
Zachary previously served as a Deputy Attorney General with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, where he conducted numerous internet privacy and data security investigations. Drawing on that experience, Zachary scrutinizes company policies, procedures, vendor agreements and data processing activities with a critical eye, ever aware of the factors that can impact a government agency’s decision to open an investigation or pursue an enforcement action.
Zachary participates on conference panels to educate stakeholders about emerging technology and regulatory frameworks.
Insights + Events
- Alert CCPA Enforcement Priorities Include Loyalty and Rewards Programs
November 4, 2021
- Alert Colorado Privacy Act Becomes the Third Comprehensive State Privacy Law
July 8, 2021
- Event Seton Hall Law’s Data Privacy and Security Compliance Certificate Program | Interactive Case Study/Tabletop – Privacy By Design
June 17, 2021
- Alert European Commission Adopts Revisions to Standard Contractual Clauses
June 10, 2021
- Alert “Children and Teens’ Online Privacy Protection Act” Offers Potential Changes to COPPA Requirements
May 26, 2021
- Rutgers Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- Tufts University (B.A., cum laude, 2006)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Asia (CIPP/A)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- New York
- New Jersey
Member, American Bar Association
― Member, Section of International Law
―― Vice Chair, Privacy, Cybersecurity and Digital Rights Committee
― Member, Section of Science and Technology Law
Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
Member, New Jersey Bar Association