Areas of Focus
“I see the big picture when I adopt a strategy with my clients. I am thorough and aggressive in negotiating, and not afraid of going to battle in the courtroom.”
An experienced litigator, Jennifer Klausner’s work centers on all aspects of litigation for high-profile marketing and media companies. Jennifer focuses on commercial and employment claims — which she sees through to trial — as well as on arbitration, mediation and direct negotiation. Drawing on her extensive litigation experience, she advises clients on claims avoidance procedures and regularly leads company-wide and one-on-one compliance and HR-related trainings. Jennifer also conducts internal investigations into allegations of harassment and discrimination in the workplace.
To her clients, Jennifer is “an outside litigator with an inside mindset,” and they rely on her to handle all types of claims in an efficient, cost-effective manner. Jennifer works closely with her clients to calibrate her approach to each case, and takes into account both legal and business factors to determine the best course of action for each unique situation.
Jennifer is seen as a formidable opponent to the country’s top plaintiffs’ lawyers. Whether in court or at the negotiating table, she has a thorough command of the facts and the law, and uses each to shrewdly navigate even the most complex, cutting-edge issues. Her recommendations unfailingly reflect her best judgment of the business ramifications — legal, financial and reputational — of every move her clients make.
- Settled a right of publicity and Lanham act suit brought by a musician in connection with consumer product labels created for a global package goods company containing imagery the plaintiff claimed was based on his likeness.
Counseled a media execution and asset trading firm and its newly hired senior executive in connection with a litigation brought by a former employer. Secured favorable settlement terms, including dismissal of the lawsuit, which enabled the executive to start her job on the scheduled start date.
Settled a copyright infringement case by a graffiti artist against a global marketing and communications firm. The artist alleged improper use of a mural that was seen in the background of advertisements/website pages created for a car manufacturer.
Negotiated high-stakes settlement of a breach of contract claim after a major advertiser refused to pay millions of dollars due and owing to our client under a master services agreement.
Reached an amicable settlement for a global ad agency in a high-profile sexual harassment and retaliation case brought by a C-Suite executive.
Insights + Events
- Alert U.S. Department of Labor Publishes Final Rule on Independent Contractor Status
January 19, 2024
- Alert Stay, Stay, Stay – The Supreme Court Rules Litigation is Automatically Stayed Pending an Appeal on Arbitrability
July 28, 2023
- Alert U.S. Department of Labor Proposes New Rule on Independent Contractor Status
October 25, 2022
- Alert Employers Need to Promptly Raise Plaintiff’s Failure to File Charges with the EEOC
July 17, 2019
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1992)
- University of Michigan (B.A., with distinction, 1989)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers® 2013-2017, Business Litigation
- New York
- U.S. District CourtSouthern District of New York
- U.S. District CourtEastern District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
Member, Davis+Gilbert Executive Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Wellness Committee
Member, New York City Bar Association
Member, New York Women's Bar Association
Member, New York County Lawyers' Association