Areas of Focus
“I provide every client with the care and attention that I would expect to receive. Whether I am representing a buyer or a seller, I always try and bring a practical perspective to both sides of the table.”
Responsive, creative and practical, Brad brings a goal-oriented approach to representing his clients. As a partner and co-chair of our Corporate + Transactions Practice Group, Brad has decades of experience representing domestic and international clients in the marketing communications, technology, media, distribution and service sector industries.
Brad’s practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, minority and majority investments, commercial financings, and incentive compensation arrangements. He is a business-minded attorney who believes that understanding your operational and economic objectives as well as your legal posture is crucial to achieving the best outcome.
Over the past 30 years, Brad has successfully closed hundreds of transactions (on both the buy and sell sides). He knows how to creatively solve problems and efficiently bring transactions over the finish line. Given the sheer volume of deals Brad has handled, there is rarely an issue he hasn’t seen.
Stakeholders, founders and chief executive officers regularly seek his counsel in developing their long-term goals. Whether the goal is to prepare for an ultimate sale or to facilitate growth through a strategic M&A initiative, Brad helps clients develop, implement and execute their M&A strategies.
Brad often says that “economics drive behavior,” and he is intimately familiar with earn-out and incentive-based arrangements. He draws on his strong mathematical background and understanding of market conditions to develop realistic pricing targets and deal structures that create value. Brad’s clients appreciate his ability to explain complicated deal terms in a straightforward and understandable manner.
Just as Brad helps companies achieve their M&A goals, he also helps employers attract and retain the best talent in a highly competitive landscape. He designs compensation arrangements that incentivize executives to increase productivity and reach revenue and profitability targets. He also counsels executives in negotiating compensation and departure packages.
Brad counts many international marketing communication, media and technology companies among his long-term clients. He possesses strong Japanese language skills that were gained while he was earning a master’s degree in Japanese from Sophia University in Japan.
Counseled a global marketing and communications holding company through its acquisition of a Dallas-based management and technology consulting firm.
Represented one of the largest healthcare marketing and communications groups in its acquisition of a full-service, patient engagement agency that focuses on direct-to-patient (DTP) communications and patient research.
Counseled a provider of software for AI-driven, autonomous advertising optimization and spend management regarding a minority sale and investment by a Detroit-based, private investment firm.
Represented a leading direct-to-consumer provider of insulated drinkware for adult beverages in its first institutional round of financing—a $20-million, Series A financing from a consumer-focused, private equity firm.
Represented a full-service recruitment advertising agency in structuring its sale to a Los Angeles-based private equity firm specializing in media, communications and communications.
Served as management counsel to a market leader in digital transformation services in connection with its sale to a private equity firm.
Navigated a specialty health marketing communications agency, through its sale to an international healthcare and communications group.
Represented a global innovation leader in its strategic investment in a technology-based data and analytics consultancy firm.
Led the merger of a global consultancy for healthcare market access into a global healthcare agency as part of its consolidation strategy.
Insights + Events
- Report Davis+Gilbert Public Relations Industry 2022 Survey Trends and Highlights
October 24, 2022
- Event PRovoke Media’s Global Public Relations Summit #PRovokeGlobal | The State of M&A in a Post-Pandemic World
October 24, 2022
- Press Mention Agility PR Solutions | PR Specialty Firms Are Leading a Strong Financial Rebound for the Public Relations Industry
November 19, 2021
- Report Davis+Gilbert Public Relations Industry 2021 Survey Trends + Highlights
- Publication The Agency 100 | A Hot M&A Market for Public Relations and Integrated Marketing Firms
June 22, 2021
- Report Davis+Gilbert 2021 Public Relations Industry M&A Activity Report: A Surprisingly Active Year in Public Relations M&A
April 26, 2021
- Demystifying COVID-19 Complexities and Thriving in Uncertain Times ICCO Webinar: Merger and Acquisition Trends 2021 for PR | The Current State of M&A and its Impact on Public Relations Firms
January 21, 2021
- Report Davis+Gilbert Public Relations Industry 2020 Survey Trends and Highlights
October 19, 2020
- Report Davis+Gilbert 2019 Public Relations Industry M&A Activity Report: Another Robust Year in PR M&A Activity
April 23, 2020
- Press Mention The Holmes Report | PRovoke19: Growing an Agency Via M&A Is Not for the Faint of Heart
October 22, 2019
- View More
- Boston College (J.D., 1989)
- Sophia University (M.A.)
- Skidmore College (B.A., 1984)
- New York
Member, Davis+Gilbert Executive Committee
Member, American Bar Association