While there have been many privacy developments in the United States, the developments across the pond cannot be overlooked.
The regulatory landscape and approach to issues such as consumer consent, online tracking and data processing are very different in the EU than in the United States. As a result, companies are generally not able to simply replicate one approach in every jurisdiction.
During this session, our guest speakers from the U.K. will discuss:
- Ad Tech Regulation: Update on the IAB TCF litigation; cookie taskforce investigations; and fines against Meta
- Cross-border Data Transfers: EU adequacy decision for the United States and the United Kingdom/United Status Joint Statement
- GDPR: latest on enforcement actions, priorities and targets
- Bryony Long, Partner/Co-Head, Data Privacy Lewis Silkin LLP
- Alexander Milner-Smith, Partner/Co-Head, Data Privacy Lewis Silkin LLP
- Gary Kibel, Partner, Privacy + Data Security, Davis+Gilbert LLP
- Date: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Time: 8:30 – 10:30 a.m. (EDT)
- Location: Offices of Davis+Gilbert LLP (1675 Broadway, New York, New York, 10019 (Corner of 52nd and Broadway)
- 8:30 am (EDT) – Arrival and Registration
- 9:00 am (EDT) – Presentation and Discussion (45 minutes to 1 hour)
- 10:00 am (EDT) – Networking and Wrap-up
*This Event has been approved in accordance with the requirements of the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board for a maximum of 1.0 credit hours in Areas of Professional Practice. (Note: The content of this course is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys (non-transitional and transitional).
Legal CLE Credits Available: 1 hours
Marketing Events Specialist at
212 237 1470