2018 has been a busy year for the New York State and New York City legislatures in enacting new employment laws and expanding on existing laws. Consequences to employers for non-compliance can be costly and include private lawsuits and administrative enforcement. In this seminar, we will review several legal developments impacting employers and discuss proactive steps companies can take now to mitigate risk. Topics to be covered include:
- Harassment prevention requirements, including sexual harassment and harassment based on employees’ political views
- Expansion of the NYC Human Rights Law to require cooperative dialogue with employees seeking disability accommodations
- Requirements of the NYC Temporary Schedule Change Law
We also will discuss best practices for arbitration agreements in light of the Supreme Court’s blockbuster Epic Systems decision, and timely benefits issues with respect to leave administration.
Finally, our “Quick Takes” will cover, among other things:
- Year-end changes to the minimum wage and minimum exempt salary thresholds
- Upcoming changes to the New York Paid Family Leave Program
- Recent developments in employee benefits, including providing 401(k) matching contributions on student loan repayments, access to “association health plans” and cybersecurity
Registration and Breakfast
8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
Legal and HR CLE Credits
Senior Management, In-House Counsel and Human Resource Professionals
1740 Broadway, 19th Floor
(Between 55th and 56th Streets)
New York City
This program is targeted to senior management, in-house counsel and human resources professionals, and is appropriate for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
email@example.com / 646 673 8318