This seminar will discuss the latest developments in labor and employment law that may impact your business in 2017. Our program will focus on the potential impact of the Trump administration’s proposed regulatory changes and administrative priorities. We will also cover recent federal, state and local legal developments impacting independent contractors, wage payments, arbitration agreements, and civil rights.
This program will provide guidance to senior executives and human resource professionals on:
- Predicted Changes under the New Administration: Federal overtime rules, the Affordable Care Act, the Supreme Court and federal agencies, and Executive Orders.
- Grooming Standards and Millennials: Image-based guidelines and grooming standards driven by legal compliance and evolving expectations of Millennials.
- NY State Payroll Direct Deposit and Debit Card Rules: The latest New York State regulations that impose additional written notice and consent requirements (effective March 7, 2017).
- Class Action Waivers: The enforceability of class action waivers across the country and what may be expected from the Supreme Court.
- Benefits Update: The latest on the Affordable Care Act and other employee benefits issues.
Mark Bokert, Benefits + Compensation, Partner/Co-Chair
Jessica Golden Cortes, Labor + Employment, Partner
Jason E. Pruzansky, Labor + Employment, Partner
David Fisher, Labor + Employment, Counsel
Nirupama S. Hegde, Labor + Employment, Associate
Gabrielle White, Benefits + Compensation, Associate
Registration and Breakfast: 8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Seminar: 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
1740 Broadway, 19th Floor
(between 55th and 56th Streets)
New York City
Cost: Free Legal and HR CLE Credits: 1.5
Target Audience: Senior Management, In-House Counsel and Human Resource Professionals
RSVP: March 13, 2017 to Liz Miner