Gary Kibel, Davis+Gilbert Privacy + Data Security partner, and his co-presenter Todd Ruback, VP of Legal Affairs at Evidon, will speak during a session titled “Privacy, Security and Data Governance in M&A: Real World” at the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Conference to be held in San Diego from October 16-18.
Data, privacy and security are central issues in mergers and acquisitions. Data and the way it is treated often influence valuations. Hear real-world examples from professionals who have experienced how privacy, security and data governance can be the defining element in a successful sale or acquisition. This session will discuss this issue through the following:
- A practical examination and role-playing through all phases of the transaction
- The bid process, due diligence, purchase agreement
- Post-transaction transition services
- Different phases of a transaction where data can be an issue
- Valuable strategies for bringing these issues to the forefront
- Practical solutions to common problems