Areas of Focus
Timing Matters. Stay Ahead with
Christine DeVito helps creditors protect their rights in bankruptcy cases and supports borrowers and lenders in negotiating credit agreements. She also defends clients in asset-backed securities litigation, including RMBS.
Working for a range of debtors, creditors, plaintiffs and defendants in litigation and transactional matters enables Christine to address issues from a variety of perspectives. Christine helps clients obtain financing to grow their businesses and landlords to maximize their recoveries in bankruptcy. She is a responsive and collaborative resource who facilitates well-organized work in procedure-heavy matters.
Prior to joining Davis+Gilbert, Christine practiced as a financial restructuring and insolvency associate at White & Case. She supported large and midsized debtors in their Chapter 11 and 15 bankruptcy cases and secured lenders seeking to protect their rights in bankruptcy cases.
Christine’s work has included helping corporate debtors through expedited sale processes. She has also assisted creditors in bankruptcy adversary proceedings.
Christine is active in pro bono matters, most recently helping a military veteran increase his disability benefits on a retroactive basis. She regularly contributes to the firm’s award-winning Credit Chronometer blog on a range of topics, including legal developments impacting creditors’ rights.
Representing a financing provider to retail energy providers in connection with a proposed refinancing of the client's warehouse facility. Our representation included guiding the client through the complex structure of the facility and formulating solutions to address concerns raised by its lender while preserving our client’s business model.
Represented a global advertising agency in connection with a $25M secured lending facility to achieve key growth initiatives.
Representing a landlord in chapter 11 bankruptcy cases by asserting claims and advising on solicitation and voting matters.
Insights + Events
- Publication Reuters Legal News | Repurchase Agreement Redux: Mortgage Loan Originator Bankruptcies Are Back
October 12, 2022
- Publication Westlaw | Fortune or Forfeiture: Real Estate Lending in the Cannabis Space
February 8, 2022
- Press Mention Law360 | Cannabis: The Top Law360 Guest Articles Of 2021
December 23, 2021
- FAQ Top 5 Questions Regarding Cannabis Financing
September 29, 2021
- Publication Law360 | NY Debt Enforcement Alternatives for Cannabis Lenders
September 23, 2021
- Blog Post Hidden Threats to Lien Priority: How Mortgage Lenders Can Hold Their Ground
June 13, 2021
- New York University School of Law (J.D., 2017)
- Editor, New York University Journal of Legislation and Public Policy
- The College of New Jersey (B.A., magna cum laude, 2014)
- New York
Member, Davis+Gilbert Pro Bono Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Women's Forum Committee