Areas of Focus
Alexa Meera Singh takes a creative approach to counseling agencies, advertisers and global brands. She addresses complex legal issues that arise in advertising, marketing and media activities, and helps clients navigate regulatory requirements of the Food & Drug Administration, Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Product Safety Commission, and other state and federal agencies while adhering to industry-specific mandates.
With a keen understanding of a wide range of industries, including beauty, wellness, sustainability, fashion and textiles, food and beverage, and children’s products, Alexa provides cross-purpose, multidisciplinary legal counseling. A strong communicator, she translates complex legal principles into actionable guidance and balances legal compliance with business needs.
Alexa supports client solutions as early as the initial concept development stage by advising on claim substantiation and advertising copy, assisting with regulatory reviews and approvals, and developing compliance programs. In addition, she frequently advises on social media and influencer marketing campaigns as well as sweepstakes, contests and promotions. Alexa also helps draft and negotiate agreements concerning brand campaign activations and supports the development and licensing of consumer products and intellectual property.
Before she joined Davis+Gilbert, Alexa was an associate at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips and Proskauer Rose, where she gained experience handling transactional and regulatory matters in advertising, entertainment and media as well as in consumer protection litigation.
Advised an international prestige brand on rebranding an entire line of cosmetic products, reviewing product packaging, website copy and other marketing materials. Provided guidance regarding testing and survey design, claim substantiation and regulatory compliance.
Advised a multinational personal care and beauty products retailer on a green marketing campaign, which included review of online marketing materials and in-store signage. Provided guidance on compliance with the Federal Trade Commission's Green Guides and prepared vendor agreements for this campaign.
Assisted a major multinational cosmetic and personal care brand in developing a dietary supplement product in compliance with Food and Drug Administration standards. Provided guidance from the initial concept stage, including new dietary ingredients, to full commercialization, which included permissible claims and structure/function claim notifications.
Insights + Events
- Alert Heightened California Compliance Obligations for Cosmetic Companies on the Horizon
November 11, 2021
- Alert FTC To Focus on Subscription Services — Hints at Taking Action Against “Dark Patterns”
November 10, 2021
- Alert California Law Restricts Recyclability Claims
November 5, 2021
- Alert CCPA Enforcement Priorities Include Loyalty and Rewards Programs
November 4, 2021
- Alert FTC Sends Notices to Businesses Promoting Money-Making Opportunities
October 28, 2021
- Alert FTC Sends Notices of Penalty Offense to More Than 700 Companies
October 15, 2021
- Alert CARU Releases Revised Children’s Advertising Guidelines
August 16, 2021
- Alert Supreme Court Narrows Definition of Autodialer in Facebook Ruling
April 2, 2021
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 2018)
- Editor-in-Chief, Harvard Journal of Law and Gender
- Harvard Business School (CORe, 2015)
- New York University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2015)
- New York
Member, Davis+Gilbert Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Pro Bono Committee