Areas of Focus
Alexa Meera Singh takes a creative approach to counseling agencies, advertisers and global brands. She addresses complex legal issues that arise in advertising, marketing and media activities, and helps clients navigate regulatory requirements of the Food & Drug Administration, Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Product Safety Commission, and other state and federal agencies while adhering to industry-specific mandates.
With a keen understanding of a wide range of industries, including beauty, wellness, sustainability, fashion and textiles, food and beverage, and children’s products, Alexa provides cross-purpose, multidisciplinary legal counseling. A strong communicator, she translates complex legal principles into actionable guidance and balances legal compliance with business needs.
Alexa supports client solutions as early as the initial concept development stage by advising on claim substantiation and advertising copy, assisting with regulatory reviews and approvals, and developing compliance programs. In addition, she frequently advises on social media and influencer marketing campaigns as well as sweepstakes, contests and promotions. Alexa also helps draft and negotiate agreements concerning brand campaign activations and supports the development and licensing of consumer products and intellectual property.
Before she joined Davis+Gilbert, Alexa was an associate at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips and Proskauer Rose, where she gained experience handling transactional and regulatory matters in advertising, entertainment and media as well as in consumer protection litigation.
Advised an international prestige brand on rebranding an entire line of cosmetic products, reviewing product packaging, website copy and other marketing materials. Provided guidance regarding testing and survey design, claim substantiation and regulatory compliance.
Advised a multinational personal care and beauty products retailer on a green marketing campaign, which included review of online marketing materials and in-store signage. Provided guidance on compliance with the Federal Trade Commission’s Green Guides and prepared vendor agreements for this campaign.
Assisted a major multinational cosmetic and personal care brand in developing a dietary supplement product in compliance with Food and Drug Administration standards. Provided guidance from the initial concept stage, including new dietary ingredients, to full commercialization, which included permissible claims and structure/function claim notifications.
Insights + Events
- Alert Insights from the 2023 NAD Conference: ESG, Dark Patterns, AI & More
October 4, 2023
- Alert FTC Names Senior Executives in Suit Against Amazon for Use of “Dark Patterns” in Prime Enrollment Scheme
September 28, 2023
- Event Strafford Webinar | “FTC Endorsement Guides and Proposed Rule on Reviews and Disclosures: What Influencers and Advertisers Need to Know”
September 26, 2023
- Alert Blurred Lines: FTC Report Finds Blurred Advertising Can Harm Kids
September 20, 2023
- Alert The Deep Dive: FTC Updates Endorsement Guides for Modern Marketing and Advertising
July 11, 2023
- Alert 14 Years in the Making: FTC Unveils Updated FTC Endorsement Guides
June 29, 2023
- Alert Aspirational Green Claims: NARB Finds Net Zero Claims Unsupported
June 28, 2023
- Alert A Prime Example of Dark Patterns? FTC Sues Amazon for Use of “Dark Patterns” in Prime Enrollment
June 26, 2023
- Alert Talking Trash: Takeaways from FTC Workshop on Recyclable Claims
May 31, 2023
- Emerging Issues Association of National Advertisers | Legal Affairs Committee Webinar | “Stay in Compliance Without Losing Your Edge”
May 11, 2023
- View More
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 2018)
- Editor-in-Chief, Harvard Journal of Law and Gender
- Harvard Business School (CORe, 2015)
- New York University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2015)
- New York Metro Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” 2023, Media & Advertising, Food and Drugs
- New York
Member, Davis+Gilbert Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Pro Bono Committee