Areas of Focus
Alexa Meera Singh takes a creative approach to counseling agencies, advertisers and global brands. She addresses complex legal issues that arise in advertising, marketing and media activities, and helps clients navigate regulatory requirements of the Food & Drug Administration, Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Product Safety Commission, and other state and federal agencies while adhering to industry-specific mandates.
With a keen understanding of a wide range of industries, including beauty, wellness, sustainability, fashion and textiles, food and beverage, and children’s products, Alexa provides cross-purpose, multidisciplinary legal counseling. A strong communicator, she translates complex legal principles into actionable guidance and balances legal compliance with business needs.
Alexa supports client solutions as early as the initial concept development stage by advising on claim substantiation and advertising copy, assisting with regulatory reviews and approvals, and developing compliance programs. In addition, she frequently advises on social media and influencer marketing campaigns as well as sweepstakes, contests and promotions. Alexa also helps draft and negotiate agreements concerning brand campaign activations and supports the development and licensing of consumer products and intellectual property.
Before she joined Davis+Gilbert, Alexa was an associate at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips and Proskauer Rose, where she gained experience handling transactional and regulatory matters in advertising, entertainment and media as well as in consumer protection litigation.
Advised an international prestige brand on rebranding an entire line of cosmetic products, reviewing product packaging, website copy and other marketing materials. Provided guidance regarding testing and survey design, claim substantiation and regulatory compliance.
Advised a multinational personal care and beauty products retailer on a green marketing campaign, which included review of online marketing materials and in-store signage. Provided guidance on compliance with the Federal Trade Commission’s Green Guides and prepared vendor agreements for this campaign.
Assisted a major multinational cosmetic and personal care brand in developing a dietary supplement product in compliance with Food and Drug Administration standards. Provided guidance from the initial concept stage, including new dietary ingredients, to full commercialization, which included permissible claims and structure/function claim notifications.
Insights + Events
- Alert Talking Trash: Takeaways from FTC Workshop on Recyclable Claims
May 31, 2023
- Emerging Issues Association of National Advertisers | Legal Affairs Committee Webinar | “Stay in Compliance Without Losing Your Edge”
May 11, 2023
- Alert FTC Orders The Bountiful Company to Pay $600,000 in Fines in First Case Challenging “Review Hijacking”
April 21, 2023
- Alert Can You Back That Claim Up? FTC Sends Nearly 700 Notices About Substantiating Product Claims
April 17, 2023
- Alert From Record Clubs to Retail Subscriptions: FTC Proposes Significant Expansion of Negative Option Rule
March 29, 2023
- Press Mention The Fashion Law | “Significant Preliminary Investment” Not Enough To Support “Net Zero” Claims, per NAD
February 28, 2023
- Alert The FTC Enforces its First Fine Under the Health Breach Notification Rule
February 13, 2023
- Alert Top 10 Advertising and Marketing Issues for 2023
January 24, 2023
- Alert Do You Strive to Make Aspirational Benefit Claims? Lessons Learned from Recent Decisions
November 30, 2022
- Alert FTC Staff Report Brings Dark Patterns to Light
October 12, 2022
- View More
- Harvard Law School (J.D., 2018)
- Editor-in-Chief, Harvard Journal of Law and Gender
- Harvard Business School (CORe, 2015)
- New York University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2015)
- New York
Member, Davis+Gilbert Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Pro Bono Committee