On December 6, Joseph Cioffi, Davis+Gilbert Insolvency + Finance chair, will speak on a panel at a BKS Partners webinar hosted by AlphaRoot entitled “Minimizing Risk and Maximizing Financing Opportunities in Cannabis.”
Joseph will join Hunter Baldwin, Advisor at AlphaRoot, Isaac Bock, Managing Director at AlphaRoot, Anthony Coniglio, President and Chief Investment Officer of NewLake Capital Partners, and Alex Hearding, Chief Risk Management Officer at National Cannabis Risk Prevention Services (NCRPS) on the panel.
With great opportunity comes great challenges and unwanted attention. In order to maximize opportunities in financing the cannabis industry’s growth, both capital providers and operators need to navigate unique issues in multiple areas to minimize risks and develop best practices.
Topics will include:
- Types of financing available and how legal requirements and obligations shape choices
- Capital Provider shares what they look for in an operator and terms
- Preserving collateral and asset value
- Compliance with laws, including worker safety
- Liability Risks
- Review of existing litigation against operators, owners, and officers
- Importance of D&O, significant provisions