On February 9, Ron Urbach, Davis+Gilbert Advertising + Marketing partner/co-chair will speak on a panel entitled “Substantiating ESG Claims: Examining the Next Shades of Green and Socially Conscious Claims” at the American Conference Institutes 6th Annual – Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance Forum on Advertising Claims Substantiation. Ron will join Sally Davis, Senior Director and Counsel at S.C. Johnson & Son Inc. and La Toya Sutton, Legal Director at Clorox on the panel.
The panel will discuss:
- Understanding the impact of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) frameworks on advertising claims
- Defining sustainability claims and understanding the requirements of FTC’s Green Guides
- Promoting environmental claims without pushing too far and “greenwashing”
- Ensuring credibility of claims for consumers and stakeholders
- Identifying when your green claim is not on its way to becoming green and determining tactics to rectify these claims
- Understanding how to substantiate the “S” in ESG
- Substantiating claims surrounding social obligations companies have in today
- What proofs are required to ensure DEI and human rights protection compliance in ads?
- Confronting broad claims on ESG performance and establishing what the next steps are to continue on the path to satisfying those claims
- Understanding how unsubstantiated ESG claims may run afoul of the SEC
- Differentiating between claims