We are pleased to share that Davis+Gilbert is a proud sponsor of The Women in Law Summit Series: The Inclusion, Diversity & Change: Inspiring Growth [Virtual Summit] to be held on June 2. Davis+Gilbert Labor + Employment partner Jessica Golden Cortes will speak on a panel titled, “Disrupting the Noah’s Ark Approach to DEI: Creating a Culture of Inclusion.”
According to Bible scholars, there are no unicorns left in the world because they never made it on to the Ark. It is thought that they were running late or they had a disagreement with Noah. No one is quite sure. The point is that who knows how many other creatures missed the boat! In The Loudest Duck by Laura Liswood, she writes that at some point, corporate diversity came to mean the inclusion of at least two of every kind. Far too many managers and leaders figured that if you crammed a pair of each minority into a company or into a boardroom, you had accomplished the task of creating a diverse work environment. Nothing could be further from the truth!
This panel will explore:
- How can partners and associates engage their firm in more creative D&I initiatives?
- How can firms show their clients that they are sincerely implementing change and not just using a broad brush?
- How is credit given at law firms and what has to change?
- What responsibility do in-house counsel have in helping law firms to become more diverse?
- What can corporations do to become more diverse?