David Fisher, Davis+Gilbert Labor + Employment counsel, will speak during a session titled “Avoiding and Defending Against the Latest Claims Arising from Meal and Rest Break Violations, Travel Time/Waiting Time, ‘On Call’ Issues and Beyond” at ACI’s 29th National Forum on Wage & Hour Claims and Class Actions to be held in Miami, FL.
Mr. Fisher and his co-panelist will discuss, among other things:
- Differences in state laws on meal and rest breaks, and complying with varying requirements and standards
- What constitutes an interruption in an employee’s meal or rest break
- Best practices for ensuring that employees do not work during provided meal and rest break periods
- How to encourage work productivity without incentivizing employees to forego meal or rest breaks
- Strategies and best practices for companies with multiple locations to ensure compliance with varying meal break and rest period requirements
- Tips and strategies for litigating these claims and class actions