Areas of Focus
Samantha R. Padilla focuses on helping employers address the many legal challenges that arise throughout the employment relationship. Early career experience in human resources allows her to contribute to solutions that enable investment banks, mass media companies, advertising agencies and luxury brands to assess and limit employment-related risks.
Recognizing that busy in-house legal and HR teams wear many hats, Samantha helps deliver practical advice on how to spot problems and avoid mistakes in recruiting, onboarding, performance reviews, leave requests, and terminations. When reviewing policies and handbooks, she supports creative, compliant ways to promote employee loyalty. Samantha also assists in representing employers in a variety of forums, including before administrative agencies as well as state and federal courts. Her litigation experience ranges from defending employers in discrimination and harassment matters to wage and hour disputes.
Prior to joining Davis+Gilbert, Samantha worked as an employment law paralegal at Morgan Stanley and practiced employment law for two and a half years at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius.
Analyzing and providing guidance for a global marketing and communications holding company on compliance with rapidly changing federal, state and local reopening guidelines, as well as return-to-work best practices.
Advised a global marketing and communications holding company with respect to employment-related matters in connection with its acquisition of a strategy consulting firm.
Represented defendant in a race and age discrimination lawsuit before the Colorado Civil Rights Division.
Insights + Events
- Demystifying COVID-19 Complexities and Thriving in Uncertain Times Davis+Gilbert Labor + Employment Webinar | Navigating Employee Accommodations: Vaccination Policies and Otherwise
October 14, 2021
- Demystifying COVID-19 Complexities and Thriving in Uncertain Times California’s Supplemental Paid Sick Leave Allows Time Off Benefits for COVID-19 Related Reasons
March 31, 2021
- Alert New York Legislation Provides Employees with Paid Leave for COVID-19 Vaccinations
March 10, 2021
- Fordham University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2018)
- Member, Fordham Urban Law Journal
- Member, Fordham Law Moot Court Board
- Cornell University (B.S., 2012)
- New York
- U.S. District CourtSouthern District of New York
- U.S. District CourtEastern District of New York
Member, Davis+Gilbert Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Board Member, ILR Alumni Association Board of Directors