Areas of Focus
Lara Cohen supports companies in navigating the transactional and day-to-day opportunities and challenges that arise in their business cycles. While working on mergers, acquisitions and debt financing transactions, she helps deliver proactive solutions for a wide range of private and public companies at various stages of growth.
Lara works to ensure clients are in a position to address challenges early in the deal process. She draws on lessons learned in prior transactions to spot problems before they become roadblocks. Focused on making the client’s role as easy as possible, Lara provides advice and explains complex transaction concepts in plain English.
With her close attention to detail, Lara helps draft and negotiate transaction agreements for stock purchases, asset purchases and mergers, and drafts, and she negotiates employment agreements and restrictive covenant agreements. Lara also contributes to the drafting and negotiating of ancillary agreements in both M&A and debt finance transactions. Throughout the deal process, she facilitates coordination and communication between the client and the deal team while seeking ways to increase efficiencies and streamline processes.
Before she joined Davis+Gilbert, Lara was an associate at Kirkland & Ellis.
Counseled a marketing agency on refinancing its credit facility to fund working capital and facilitate future merger and acquisition activity.
Represented a holding company of independent agencies across the marketing services spectrum in its purchase of a PR, digital marketing and crisis communications agency.
Advised an online travel shopping company in the divestiture of a luxury vacation B2B wholesaler to a private equity firm.
Insights + Events
- Demystifying COVID-19 Complexities and Thriving in Uncertain Times Paycheck Protection Program
July 9, 2020
- Alert Rewards and Risks for Distressed Strategic Middle Market M&A
June 9, 2020
- Alert Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act of 2020
June 8, 2020
- Alert Latest Guidance on Paycheck Protection Program Loan Forgiveness
May 27, 2020
- Alert The Paycheck Protection Program “Necessity Certification” — The Review, Safe Harbor and Potential Penalties
May 14, 2020
- Alert Paycheck Protection Program and Health Care Enhancement Act to Appropriate Additional Funds for Small Business Loans
April 24, 2020
- Publication D+G Memorandum: Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (the CARES Act)
April 1, 2020
- Alert Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act: What You Need to Know
April 1, 2020
- Checklist Loan Programs Currently Provided by the SBA
March 24, 2020
- Alert U.S. Federal Government Proposes Various Changes to SBA Loan Programs to Assist Small Businesses Affected by Coronavirus
March 24, 2020
- View More
- New York University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- Editor, Journal of Intellectual Property & Entertainment Law
- Tulane University (B.A., summa cum laude, 2014)
- New York
Member, Davis+Gilbert Associates’ Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Women's Forum Committee