Areas of Focus
With a deep understanding of technology and the advertising technology ecosystem, Emily Catron helps solve complex and technical issues that challenge clients. Emily previously worked at the advertising technology company Integral Ad Science which focuses on brand safety and media quality. From helping ensure compliant collection and use of data to technology transactions and advising on integrations and product launches, Emily offers practical advice and knowledgeable support to her clients and team.
Emily helps clients manage legal risk by navigating complex privacy and regulatory compliance issues. She leverages advertising industry know-how in light of new and evolving privacy laws when providing advice to agencies and advertisers. Emily frequently represents tech companies of all sizes, drafting contracts to govern key partnerships, and also negotiates agreements between companies, agencies, and other entities providing software, services, data assets, and advertising technology products.
While the business intricacies and privacy challenges facing technology and media companies are daunting, Emily offers thoughtful guidance, advocacy and negotiation. Her in-house experience helps her uncover the technological, legal and business issues surrounding each matter. Emily began her law career at Fox Rothschild, where she worked on disputes, regulatory issues and commercial transactions.
Insights + Events
- Alert California Issues Second Draft of CPRA Regulations
October 27, 2022
- Alert First CCPA Enforcement Action’s $1.2 Million Fine to Sephora is a Wakeup Call for the Ad Tech Industry
August 30, 2022
- Publication Reuters Legal News | Federal Data Privacy Legislation: Differences With State Laws Raise Preemption Issues
August 10, 2022
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D., with honors, 2018)
- Member, Journal of Energy and Environmental Law
- University of Maryland (B.A., cum laude, 2014)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District CourtDistrict of Columbia
- U.S. District CourtDistrict of Maryland