Caroline Cima advises public and private companies in attracting, retaining and promoting top talent and in pursuing strategic business goals via competitive executive compensation and employee benefits packages. She helps established financial institutions, startups and executives alike with issues that arise during transactions, as well as with ongoing program management (including qualified retirement plans, health and welfare offerings, deferred compensation programs, bonus policies, and equity plans, among others).
Caroline brings an efficient, creative and client-focused approach to her work. She seeks to understand the vision and growth trajectory motivating her clients so she can help design benefits and compensation practices that serve as powerful tools to incentivize and retain productive workforces. Caroline also assists with an array of compensation and benefits issues in connection with mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and restructurings. She drafts and negotiates purchase agreements and disclosure schedules, conducts due diligence reviews, and provides solutions to solve benefits- and compensation-related issues that arise before and after closings.
Prior to joining Davis+Gilbert, Caroline was an associate at White & Case in its Employment, Compensation & Benefits and Mergers & Acquisitions practice groups.
Advised an international company on the standard termination of its defined benefit pension plan, resulting in significant financial savings. Drafted necessary plan amendments and coordinated government filings.
Advised an international company on post-acquisition matters involving qualified retirement plans (e.g., 401(k) plan), including streamlining the plan merger process. Drafted necessary plan amendments and resolutions effectuating the mergers.
Prepared a equity participation unit plan and award agreements for a PR firm in connection with the hiring, promotion, and/or general incentivization of key employees and executives, so to attract and retain talent and to improve business performance and increase company value.
Insights + Events
- Publication Employee Relations Law Journal | Milestone Retirement Reform Arrives: Key Provisions of SECURE 2.0
May 25, 2023
- Alert Key Influences on the Cannabis Market in 2023
April 20, 2023
- Alert Update: Health Plan Considerations in the Wake of Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization
June 27, 2022
- Alert Key 2022 Updates for Health and Welfare Plans
March 9, 2022
- Alert IRS Updates Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System
September 16, 2021
- Alert IRS Provides Much Needed Guidance on COBRA Premium Subsidy
May 27, 2021
- Columbia Law School (J.D., 2018)
- Managing Editor, Columbia Journal of Law & the Arts
- University of St. Andrews (M.Litt. Art History, 2011)
- Dartmouth College (B.A., cum laude, 2010)
- New York
Member, Davis+Gilbert Associates’ Committee
Member, Davis+Gilbert Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Member, LGBT Bar Association of Greater New York
Member, New York City Bar Association