Areas of Focus
Brittney Cox helps a wide range of technology, music, entertainment and sports industry stakeholders build their business while protecting their creative assets and intellectual property. With a mix of in-house and firm experience and a music background, she guides clients in anticipating and assessing their risks from multiple angles.
Brittney’s solutions-oriented approach helps clients address the nuances and challenges that arise in technology and data privacy, entertainment, advertising and music matters. A highly collaborative partner to in-house teams, she explains how new and emerging technologies impact their business.
When clients pursue strategic alliances, licensing and commercialization, Brittney is involved at every stage of the deal process providing product counseling services across several technologies and business models by drafting and negotiating a variety of complex transactions. Brittney drafts and negotiates agreements for digital and social media marketing campaigns involving talent, artwork, influencer and celebrity endorsements, sponsorships and NFTs. She also regularly handles entertainment-related copyright and trademark issues, and helps clients prevent unauthorized use of their IP in media.
Before joining Davis+Gilbert, Brittney served as in-house counsel for Warner Music Group, working with Atlantic Records and Elektra Music Group. Earlier in her career, she was an associate at Sidley Austin and Hughes Hubbard and Reed, where she worked on the transactional and litigation aspects of IP, entertainment and technology matters.
Insights + Events
- Cornell Law School (J.D., 2017)
- St. John's University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2013)
- St. John's University Legal Society, Editor-In-Chief
- New York
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (VLA), Associate Board Member
- Music Business Association, Junior Board Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association (ABA), Member
- Black Entertainment Sports Law Association (BESLA), Member
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association, Member
- NYC Bar Association, Member
- National Bar Association, Member
- WomenInMusic, Member