Joseph Lewczak, Davis+Gilbert Advertising + Marketing partner, will speak during a session titled “Ad or Fad? Social Media, Influencers, the Federal Trade Commission and the Lanham Act” at a New York City Bar Fashion Law Committee program to be held in New York on May 9.
Social media has burst on to the scene as a powerful, influential and important source of communication, media, entertainment and networking. It is used by a company’s employees for personal reasons, by companies themselves in connection with their own promotional activities and by the public to interact with, or comment upon, a brand. This session will cover current hot topics in social media and advertising including:
- The role of the Lanham Act
- The FTC’s Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials and their impact on the use of social media
- The terms and policies of the various social media providers
- Online liability for user-generated content
- Internal and external company policies
- Online liability
- Content control
- The use of third party copyrights, trademarks and individual’s rights of publicity
For more information, contact Liz Miner at firstname.lastname@example.org.