June 19 – 20, 2012
Davis & Gilbert is proud to be a lead sponsor of ACI's 3rd Annual Forum on Litigating and Resolving Advertising Disputes at the Affinia Hotel, New York.
Ronald R. Urbach, Davis & Gilbert Chairman and Advertising, Marketing & Promotions Co-Chair, will present on a panel titled "360 Degree View of an NAD False Advertising Challenge: Inside Strategies for Effectively Resolving Advertising Disputes." Some of the issues Mr. Urbach and his co-presenters will discuss include:
- Assessing the NAD's requirements for substantiation
- Differentiating between the NAD and federal court requirements for a false advertising claim
- Complying with the NAD's decision in order to prevent future litigation or government enforcement
Additionally, Neal Klausner, Davis & Gilbert Intellectual Property Litigation Partner, will present on a panel titled "Protecting Your Mark: Defending Against the Unauthorized Use of Your Brand's Intellectual Property." Mr. Klausner and his co-presenters will discuss, among other things:
- Safeguarding your logos and trade dress from patent, trademark and copyright infringement
- Ensuring that marketing tactics do not violate the publicity rights of celebrities and other individuals
- Specifically, a person's name or likeness, look-alikes, and nicknames associated with a celebrity
- Examine recent cases to explore what courts have constituted protected expression
As a lead sponsor of this ACI conference, Davis & Gilbert has arranged a $300 registration discount for clients and friends. To take advantage of this promotional rate, use code “DG300” when registering. For more information, visit the event website.