January 26-27, 2010
Davis & Gilbert Partners, Ronald R. Urbach, Alan Hahn and Gary A. Kibel, will all speak during the 23rd Advertising Law Conference on January 26-27, at the New York Marriott Downtown Hotel in New York.
Mr. Urbach, Advertising, Marketing & Promotions Partner/Co-chair, will speak at a session titled, "Negotiating Talent and Endorsement Deals under the New Guides." The session will take place on Wednesday, January 27, 2009 from 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Mr. Urbach and his co-presenters will discuss, among other topics:
- How the new FTC Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising will bring increased scrutiny on recently developed promotional strategies
- The nuts and bolts of the endorsement agreement and ensuring you are negotiating with the right party
- Preventing the talent from walking before the deal is signed and minimizing the consequences when the talent is incapacitated or dies
- Structuring a morals clause
- Getting special approvals when the talent is a major star
- Pros and cons of multi-year agreements and setting effective terms for giving and getting specific rights
On January 28, Mr. Kibel, Advertising, Marketing & Promotions Partner, will lead a Master Class session titled, "Implementing an Effective Privacy Compliance Program." During this session, Mr. Hahn, Benefits & Compensation Partner, will speak specifically on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). The session will take place from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Attendees of this timely Master Class will learn, through the use of illustrative hypotheticals, to more effectively navigate a fast-changing area that is of great concern to consumers, to Congress, and to nervous corporations. The session will offer insight to the nuances behind how the latest uses of technology in advertising may impact privacy interests, and also share critical knowledge of what you must do proactively to develop proper safeguards.
For more information: http://americanconference.com/advertisinglaw.htm
*Davis & Gilbert is a conference sponsor